Thursday 1 August 2013

Baking!

Hello friends!

Well, I've had a very boring start to the summer holidays! I have done next to nothing in the last week, other than finally finishing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It's taken me ages to finish the book, but I finally did it. I watched the film only minutes after closing the book and I was impressed with that as well. However, the third film still stands as my favourite. I haven't seen the last three though! I also went bowling yesterday with one of my school friends, my brother and my sister. I managed to score one strike in two games, pro-bowler right here! I never realised how bad I actually was...

So today I went down to my Nan's to do some baking. I cheated a little bit, as in I bought packet stuff and I just had to add a few little things. I made a vanilla cheesecake with strawberry and chocolate on the top, it turned out really nice actually. However, I used the wrong tin size, therefore it was really thin... It still tasted delicious!


finished!

I didn't get a picture of it out of the tin, but it was only like 1cm thick! I think with a tin this size I should probably use two mixes. Or just get a smaller tin! 

The brownies came out really well! Last time I used one of these mix things it didn't work at all, I'm not sure what I did wrong. However this time they are delicious. They're perfectly gooey in the middle and crispy on the outside. We also added cherries.. mmm! 


tasty!
I'm no expert, but the mixes were actually really good, and really cheap. I'd recommend them to anyone who likes to bake occasionally, or needs them for a party or for friends or something. Really impressed, especially with the brownies! 

Other than baking, I took a few pictures of my nan's new puppy. Well, I say 'new', nan has had her for a good few months now. Her name is Pippa, and she's the cutest little lady I've ever seen! Here she is!

Just after a little groom!

Pippa selfies!

I think she wanted my chocolate...

That was a bit of a jumbled up post, one minute I was talking about Harry Potter, then baking, then dogs! Ah well, that's just my last week summed up in one post! Hope you enjoyed reading! 

What's your favourite thing to bake?







No comments:

Post a Comment