Thursday 2 May 2013

The Perfect Summer...

Hello my loves!

So, what have I been up to? Mostly school, like usual, but I have also started a diet! Well, I say diet, I'm just trying to cut down on the amount I eat, and I've started walking a lot more. I was scrolling through my tumblr the other day and the amount of skinny girls on there that have perfect bodies is enough inspiration for me to try and do this properly this time - I will be skinny one day (fingers crossed). So yeah, I've been eating a lot more fruit (it would be veg as well, but I can't stand any other vegetable other than sweetcorn), and I've been drinking at least 3 bottles of water or so a day. That's probably still not enough, but it is a huge improvement on how much water I used to drink! 

That brings me onto my what my post is about today - SUMMER! With the nice weather slowly creeping in, and me eating loads of fruit, it made me think how excited I am for summer. I haven't got anything much planned for the summer holidays. I know I'm going up to Norwich to visit one of my friends for a week or so, and I am also going to Summer in The  with my sister which I am super excited about! 

I thought today I'd list a few things I think that are essential for having a good summer. I know I'm not going anywhere much to have a good summer, but I thought this would be nice for all you people planning on going on holiday to somewhere really hot (which if you are, can I come in your suitcase!?)

Bright Nails



In my opinion, I love to have really bright colours on my nails any time of the year. But particularly this Spring/Summer. I love the colours I have on in the picture (Thumb-little finger: Barry M Block Orange, Barry M Mint Green, Avon Nailwear Pro+ Lemon Sugar, Rimmel 60 Seconds Oh Boy You're So Fine!, Rimmel 60 Seconds Instyle Coral). I think they really brighten up any outfit, and seeing bright nails really puts me in a good mood for some reason!

Tanned Skin


This doesn't apply to me at all. I am one of those people who are so pale that it looks stupid, and I burn so much that I go red which never EVER turns into a tan. I'm seriously so jealous of the people who tan really easily when there's a tiny bit of sun. But I think it's really nice when someone has a tan, whether it's natural or comes from a bottle. (Also, the picture is an example of one of those really slim people on tumblr that makes me want to loose a tonne of weight).

Bikinis


I absolutely love this bikini. I was looking on the New Look website and there are so many I absolutely love the look of, I just wish I was going somewhere to wear it! I think this would be absolutely perfect for going to the beach, maybe with a plain white, baggy top tucked into the shorts. I also love the sandals and bangle together! 

Luscious Lips  


Like I've mentioned in previous posts, I am not a big lipstick/lipgloss wearer, but I absolutely love the Apocalips lip laquers! They sit on your lips for absolutely ages, and the colours are wonderful. The two colours I have are Luna which is a nude colour, and Stellar which is a bright pink. I would seriously recommend these to anyone!

Mocktails


I cannot wait until the weather gets hot enough for me to make myself one of these! No one in their right mind could tell me that fruity mocktails don't look delicious. Obviously, if you were old enough it could be a proper cocktail, but as I'm not a drinker I will stick to the mocktails! Just looking at the picture makes me feel refreshed! Mmmmm.

I, for one, cannot wait until summer! Let's just hope I don't get too sunburned! As long as I get a good suncream, I'm sure I'll be okay! I hope you enjoyed the post, and maybe now you're even more excited about summer! Let me know in the comments what your summer essentials are, maybe there's something major that I've forgotten!







1 comment:

  1. I so need to invest in some of the apocolips products!

    ReplyDelete